Sunday, May 8, 2011

Missing you by Dane Allred

Go to Abundance for more selections, including other original pieces by Dane Allred and his audio versions of many famous novels, short stories and poems called Literature Out Loud, plus lots more!!


Click on the player to hear an audio version of this poem.


Missing You


I miss you.
I miss us.

Because there is no us without you here.
After spending so much time together

We talk alike
We look alike
We think alike.

There are so many things we do together
That I don’t want to do alone.

I could go to a movie by myself,
But it’s not as much fun as with you.

I can eat alone, but that’s no fun either.

You’re not here, so you can’t hear me complaining
And that’s no fun alone.

So I’m telling you now
That I’m missing you.
You’ll be able to read this later
And I wanted to tell you
Before I miss you
Or you miss me
Forever.


Dane Allred

5/8/11

advertise on podbean

No comments:

Post a Comment