Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sonnet Twenty-six by William Shakespeare

Go to 1001 Thanks or daneallred.com for more selections, including other original pieces by Dane Allred and his audio versions of many famous novels, short stories and poems called Literature Out Loud, plus lots more!!


Click on the player to hear the audio version of this piece.

Sonnet Twenty-six


Lord of my love, to whom in vassalage
Thy merit hath my duty strongly knit,
To thee I send this written embassage,
To witness duty, not to show my wit:
Duty so great, which wit so poor as mine
May make seem bare, in wanting words to show it,
But that I hope some good conceit of thine
In thy soul's thought, all naked, will bestow it;
Till whatsoever star that guides my moving
Points on me graciously with fair aspect
And puts apparel on my tatter'd loving,
To show me worthy of thy sweet respect:
Then may I dare to boast how I do love thee;
Till then not show my head where thou mayst prove me.


Listen to live episodes of “Abundance” every Sunday night
on K-talk radio at 7 PM MST (9 PM EST, 6 PM PST)

Click here to subscribe for 99 cents a month -- first week FREE!!
Keep this website funded by donating today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment