Saturday, November 20, 2010

Prayer of Thanks by Dane Allred

Go to Literature Out Loud -- Poems for a complete list of all poems available at Literature Out Loud.


Click on the player to hear an audio version of one of the "Prayers of Devotion".

Prayer of Thanks
by Dane Allred

I thank thee Lord for thy great care
In helping those in need.
Let me remember them in prayer
And in my every deed.


I have been blessed with peace sublime
While others strive with war.
I can enjoy the gifts of time
While some have time no more.


While those who cry for mercy still
Plead daily for thy grace,
I marvel at thy grace I feel,
And long to see thy face.


Oh bless us now with pure intent,
To hear that small, still voice.
We thank thee for all thou hast sent,
In which we do rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment