Monday, November 29, 2010

Bright Space -- You and I

Go to Abundance for more selections by Dane Allred, including other episodes from Bright Space, plus lots more!!


Click on the player to hear an audio version of this piece.

Bright Space
by Dane Allred


You and I


I don’t know when I became self-aware.
I mean in this body, at this time.
There was that self-awareness I had forgotten.
From when we were in that
Bright space together.

But here, and now, I don’t recall when I decided
I am me
And
You are you.

I watch the small children playing and see they know who they are.
They don’t answer to the names of the other children
And seem to know they are separate.

We all remember the time when the universe revolved around us,
When everything was designed to serve us,
To amuse us,
And ceased to exist when we went away to something else.

This fragment of memory of our time together in the
Bright space holds us in a spell
Telling us we are all connected
We are all the same
We have been together before,
But then the separateness denies that truth
And parts us into our own worlds.

I move about in mine,
Forgetting that you and I came here to experience all we could
So that we could be together again in that
Bright space
And share all that we had learned.

We move about from day to day as if there was no connection
Between all I do and all you do,
All that is done by everyone else everywhere else.
We forget all that has been done
Connects us to this very second
To this very thought at this very moment
And then we move on to the next moment to see what else we can learn.

It has taken me a while to see that
I am You
and
You are Me.

Circulating about in our own lives to create this shared meaning now
And to create the end result.
Some have endured hardship, affliction, and suffering
So we can all discover how deep these pains can be.

To share all we have learned,
To realize all we have in common.
To appreciate the experience of each and every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment