Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bright Space -- Circling Spheres

Go to Abundance for more selections by Dane Allred, including other episodes from Bright Space, plus lots more!!


Click on the player to hear an audio version of this piece.


Circling Spheres

Now we are in the darkness,
Separated from the bright light,
But never far from remembering all we knew in that bright space.
As we circle in our own spheres,
We may seem to be apart,
But when my world bumps into yours
When our spheres seem to cross
And that brightness sparks the connection between us,
We remember for a moment, and then forget.

We were all once together until we decided to learn all
We could learn apart.

My sphere isn’t any different than yours
Except it is completely different
And someday, we will all join again together and share
All that we have learned by spinning in
Our separate spheres.

I remember you, and the peace we shared in that bright space.
I long to be there with you again,
But not until we have both learned all we were sent here to do,
All we were sent here to learn,
All we were sent here to share
Before we once again gather, and share that bright space
With everyone once again.

But while we are in this dark space,
Revolving around ourselves,
Seeming separate, but at once united
In our goal to use this time to learn, to grow and experience
The bitter and the sweet
The joyful and the sad
The height and the depth
We could not experience as one.

Watch me as I circle in my sphere inside the dark space.
I am watching you as you circle in your sphere inside the dark space.
When you and I contemplate all of us,
Who are circling in our spheres inside the dark space,
We understand that we are the bright space when we are all together,
And there is no darkness.

That is why I have that feeling I know you
Because I have always known you
And will always know you
We have always been together.
Even though our spheres seem separate
We are part of the whole, and the whole is part of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment